Friday, November 16, 2007

Where Has All The Disk Space Gone?

The Tongues of Fire-Pastor Paul's Podcast-Episode 25-Full Assurance will be posted later today.

We are over our quota of 1500 MB at 1613 MB. I am making room for today's Episode 25-Full Assurance. While we wait lets do the math.

  • At 24 episodes using 1613MB that is 67.21MB average per episode.
  • Take 67.2 MB x 1200 episodes = 80,652 MB (this is just MP3 files (You need a surfboard for the wave files))
  • Is 1,000 MB still a GB? How many GB of disk space is needed? Is 81GB a safe guess?
  • Let's look at time for the fun of it.
  • For 1,200 episodes at 1 episode a week how many weeks, or months or years would it take me, Jeanine Arnopoulos, Your Hostess with the Mostest, to produce the Tongues of Fire-Pastor Paul's Podcast-Episodes Weekly 1,200 show series? (Are you still with me because I've started to get dizzy(I recover quickly))
  • If you answered 23 years, or 277 months, or 1200 weeks, You are right and I need to come up with a plan.
What is so ironic is that in today's Episode 25-Full Assurance I make the candid announcement of our 'New Podcast' that will post next Wednesday November 21 st the Day before Thanksgiving. It has a name dear to my heart.

Where Have All The Podcasters Gone...?

No comments: