Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pastor Paul's 'Birthday Bash'

Pastor Paul's 'Birthday Bash' at his, Pastor Paul's Mission, was Incredible! He started the morning at 5am working frantically to fill the grocery orders for people in need of food. The doors opened and everyone started to move to a very fast paced beat with conversations, questions, laughs and even a 'Happy Birthday' song-unrehearsed of course. It seemed like a gathering of friends or at least familiar acquaintances-a good vibe. People who are familiar with Pastor Paul and his mission come expecting and leave fulfilled (full grocery bags).

I took part with these movers and shakers and it was truly a blessing. I had many conversations. I pitched Pastor Paul's website. I was surprised to find out how many people were interested who did not know there was a website. I am adding to the ToDo List; signs for the building and brochures for all the grocery bags. It is time to get the word out about the website and the pastorpaul.org community. Many people were very interested in the Tongues of Fire-Pastor Paul's Podcast. I realized I had been at the right place at the right time.

Currently, with over 6,000 active households registered for groceries, I had potentially thousands of conversations and listeners representing all ages and all races and many who had friends and relatives living in other countries spanning the globe. Where have I been? At Pastor Paul's 'Birthday Bash' I was inspired with new ideas, new projects, and longer ToDo Lists. I connected. Generally, my work calls for behind the scenes projects. I realized I need to be everywhere-to reconnect. I found Pastor Paul's Community.

As far as being everywhere all of the time, for the time being, I will leave that to God. On the other hand, with the help of God planning my steps and the ToDo List keeping me on track, everywhere doesn't seem so impossible...Does it?


No comments: